Let me just say upfront that this Blog post is not endorsed in anyway, its not been paid for; I have paid for all lipsticks in full myself – it is simply a product that I have found, love and wanted to share with you.
I first heard of this Nuskin lipstick when I saw a couple of friends sharing photos of their lips on Instagram, after eating and drinking and the lipstick was still there – so thought ‘I better get me some of that’. Even Anthony is impressed as I can give him a kiss each morning and he doesn’t head to work wearing a lovely shade of lippy.
The Nuskin range in Australia currently only has the ‘Powerlips Fluid’ without the ‘duo lip shine’ – which is a matt finish. I have a lipstick in this range – it is lovely to apply, stays out too, but with my older lips I found that the matte highlighted my lip lines. Nicky (my friend who was sharing her lips everywhere lol), gave me a tip to really exfoliate my lips to remove the oil and residue – that will help with the lines and make the lipstick last even longer – great tip.
I have snapped up the ‘Polish’ on two occasions when Nicky shared their limited release here in Australia. I’m hoping they will become a regular range item soon, but I still wanted to share why I love them, so when they do become regular……well…….
With the ‘Polish’ you have the colour in one end and then the gloss in the other. Apparently, the colour is infused with ‘tea rose complex’ which keeps the lips smooth and hydrated and the colour can last up to 12 hours – I just know it works – and I have to use makeup remover of an evening to remove those last traces – unheard of with any of my previous lipsticks.
Key ingredients for the lipstick connoisseurs out there –
- Vitamin E—nourishes, softens, and moisturises the skin while delivering anti-ageing and antioxidant benefits.
- Beeswax—calms, soothes, and conditions skin while helping protect against irritants.
- Avocado Oil—hydrates and softens skin.
- Kaolin—natural clay base that supports rich, long-lasting colour.
- Silicones—help maintain moisture and soften skin.
How it works – I apply the colour to clean, bare and dry lips – wait a minute or so to dry and then apply the gloss top coat – reminds me of nail polish – the top coat just seals the colour in. The shape of the applicator also makes applying easy and you get a nice clean line around the lips.
In the past, glossy lipsticks often feathered or ‘bled’ on my lips and always, always, kissed off, or came off on a napkin if I was eating – but not this one – yeah.
Benefits listed for this product are –
- Creates a Sueded Comfort Cushion, a flexible film layer on the skin, that cushions your lips and leaves them feeling soft for hours.
- Comfortable on lips; does not sting or burn when applied.
- Has a light and silky, non-sticky consistency.
- Does not contain a harsh alcohol smell or taste.
- Is non-separating and does not require shaking to evenly distribute product prior to application.
- Won’t feather or bleed into lines around or above lips.
- Weightless formula contains a blend of skin-nourishing ingredients, like avocado oil, beeswax, and vitamin E to hydrate, nourish, and prevent damage.
- Is smudge-resistant, drink-resistant, and kiss-resistant.
As mentioned I have written this blog because I love the product, BUT if you are keen to be kept up to date on any limited releases of the Polish, or when it becomes a ‘regular’ in Australia, I’d highly recommend joining Nicky’s Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/lifestylerz.co/